On Friday, October 14, members of the Millennium Symphonic Band, Jazz Band, and Wind Ensemble performed their Fall Concert! Congratulations goes out to all of these students who demonstrated an incredible amount of discipline, professionalism, and musicianship! We are so proud of you!!!!
So proud, in fact, that we are posting pics and the videos of the concert below! Enjoy!
Image Posted on Updated on
Congratulations to the Millennium students who participated in the Stetson Honors Chamber Music Festival on Saturday, September 28. The festival was put on by members of Stetson University’s chapter of the Collegiate National Association of Music Education. Participating students from Central Florida middle schools received, rehearsed, and performed music in both small and large ensemble settings under the direction of the university’s Music Education majors. Kudos go out to all of the students who gave up a day of their weekend to become better musicians! Thank you of your leadership!!!
Congratulations to the members of the Millennium Band that participated in Middle School Night on Friday, September 26! The students waited out the rain to join members of the Sanford & Markham Woods MS Bands and march with the Pride of the Tribe of Seminole HS. Special thanks go out to Mr. Malcolm, Ms. Newhouse, the Seminole Band Parents, and all of the Seminole students for their kindness and compassion as hosts for all of the middle school students! Our kids had a great time!
The Wind Ensemble will be performing their MPA Performance on Thursday, April 10, 2014 at 7PM at University High School in Orange City, FL. This performance is akin to the “FCAT for band” in that the band’s performance is assessed by a panel of FBA-trained & approved adjudicators.
Some details of this event include:
- Students will be transported by bus to the event and will be fed prior to the trip.
- This is a required and extremely important performance. It is very difficult for a student to pass the band class without attending this performance. Conflicts should be brought to the attention of the director as soon as possible!
- We will need about 8 chaperones for this event (to ride the busses with the students).
- The performance is free and open to anyone that can attend!
More itinerary details will be published very soon!
…go home today and tomorrow (Thursday, March 27-28)!!!
They will be due on Thursday, April 3.
Below is the info regarding the performance that is included in the ticket order form:
Ticket Info: Tickets for the Spring Concert are available for a suggested donation of $3 per ticket. Money from tickets purchased will go into the general Scholarship Fund. Tickets will be distributed on a first come first serve basis. Please complete the form below and have your student return it by the deadline to secure your ticket.
Concert Week Itinerary:
- Beginning Band Rehearsal Monday, April 7, 4-6PM, Millennium Hall
- Beginning Band/Wind Ensemble Performance Tuesday, April 8, 7PM, Millennium Hall
- Student Report Time 6:25PM, Band Room
- Attire Beginning Band Band Shirt, black pants, black shoes, black socks
- Wind Ensemble Formal uniforms (tuxes, dresses, no sneakers)
The Beginning Band and Wind Ensemble will perform a Spring Concert on Tuesday, April 8 at 7PM in Millennium Hall.
Ticket order information will be sent out this week!!! Be sure to come out and hear the results of these students’ work!