Video Posted on
- I can’t wait until I get to choose my thumbnails…
Video Posted on
This video is the “rough draft” of a blues tune we composed in class. This was the result of a collaborative activity done during a period extended for FSA testing (2 1/2 hours). It was really great to see students work together through the creative process and have results of this level! I can’t wait to polish this and prep it for our Spring Concert!
The Millennium Jazz Band will be taking part in the Florida Bandmasters Association Jazz Music Performance Assessment on Thursday, Feb. 26 at 2:30PM at University HS in Orange City, FL.
The itinerary for the Thursday is:
- bring formal uniforms to school
- attend A lunch
- report to the band room after A lunch
- change into formal uniforms, pack equipment
- 12:30PM load bus
- 1:30PM arrive @ University HS
- 2:00PM report to the warm-up area
- 2:30PM PERFORM!!!
- 3:00PM pack up equipment
- 3:30-4:00PM watch bands, receive judges’ comments
- 4:00PM load busses
- 5:00PM arrive at Millennium MS for student pick-up
The Millennium Wind Ensemble and Jazz Bands will be performing this Thursday, October 24 at the Choices Night program. This program is designed to showcase Millennium’s various programs to current 5th graders interested in coming to Millennium next year. Please find below details pertinent to this event:
Students will need to:
- wear their formal uniforms (tuxedos, dresses, etc.)
- bring their uniforms to school on Thursday morning in their suit bags.
- be prepared to stay after school.
- bring dinner IF they do not want the pizza that will be provided.
The itinerary for the evening will be as follows:
- dismissal- students wil report to the bandroom
- 4:15-4:30- set up the stage
- 4:45-5:15- dinner will be served
- 5:15-5:45- students change into uniforms
- 5:45-6PM- warm-up (Wind Ensemble on stage, Jazz Band in the pit)
- 6:15- Jazz Band performs prior to beginning of the program
- 6:30- Program begins (students who are in Jazz Band but not Wind Ensemble will be dismissed at this time.)
- Wind Ensemble performs after opening remarks
- Wind ensemble then moves to the band room
- Wind Ensemble wil then feature “Works in Progress” as visitors file through from 7PM (approx.) to 8:15PM
- Students will be dismissed between 8:15 and 8:30PM
The Millennium Jazz Band will be, along with other groups from the Performing Arts department, visiting three elementary schools this week to promote the Millennium Magnet programs. Students will be visiting Midway, Eastbrook, & Keeth Elementary schools on Wednesday & Thursday of this week (October 23-24). Please find below information pertinent to these field trips:
Jazz Band members will need to:
- wear their informal uniforms for these performances (band shirt, black pants, black shoes, black socks).
- wear their uniforms to school.
- bring their folding wire music stand.
- bring a lunch.
Jazz Band will also be part of the Choices Night Program on Thursday evening, October 24.