As the students are introduced to the various instruments over the course of this week, here is the link to the Youtube playlist that I have been using in class to highlight the different instruments. Enjoy!
(You can forward through the list of videos by clicking the -> (right arrow) button in the player)
Beginning students are currently testing the French horn, another member of the brass family.
We will need about 6 -8 French horn players this year between the 2 Beginning Band classes.
In short, French horns:
- are medium in size, but have a bulky case
- are relatively easy & inexpensive to maintain
- are typically rented from the school
- can be rented by any student
- are not common, so scholarship money is readily available
- can play in concert bands & orchestras
- have a steep learning curve.
- are best suited for students that have had some previous musical training, like piano
- really should be supported by enrolling in private lessons.
Visit this link on our website for more info about Instrument Selections.
Here are some video links that feature the French horn: