Video Posted on
- I can’t wait until I get to choose my thumbnails…
- This is a performance that does affect the students’ grade.
- It involves all of the students of the Symphonic Band & Wind Ensemble.
- Permission Slips are due on Thursday, Oct. 19 (but, the sooner the better!)
- We need about 10 chaperones for this event. You can sign up to chaperone this event at the following link:
As Round 3 of student instrument selections were completed on Friday, students will be issued their Instrument Approval Packets on Monday, August 28!
- These packets include the following information:
- a letter to the parents indicating the student’s approved choice of instrument
- a listing of the needed instrument and accessories
- the names & numbers of local stores where the equipment can be acquired
- school-owned instrument availability
- timeline for when students need materials in class
Parents should be on the lookout for this packet and use it when going out to acquire the appropriate materials. The packet can often be handed over to music store employees who will gather the needed equipment. This way, you don’t have to know anything about the materials and the store doesn’t provide you with materials that are of low quality.
Our current timeline puts us at bringing instruments for the first time on Tuesday, September 5. This gives families a week to get needed equipment so that we can get to playing some sounds!!!
Thank you to all of the fantastic parents and students who attended the Beginning Band Instrument Fitting event last night!!! The smiles that I saw on the kids’ faces are what gets me pumped up for the classroom! I can’t wait to get started with instruments!
The next steps involve finishing up the testing of oboe & bassoon, having students making initial decisions, and checking our instrumentation numbers. My hope is to be able to send home Instrument Approval Packets by the end of next week! Stay tuned for news of the students’ progress!!!
Millennium schedule pickup will take place tomorrow, August 8, 2017, from 2:30 PM to 5:30 PM. Be sure to stop by the band room to pick up your supply list and to say hello!
What: Choices Night is an opportunity for 5th grade students and their parents to learn about what Millennium Middle School has to offer.
Where: Millennium Hall at Millennium Middle School
When: Tuesday, November 1, 2016
- 6:10-7:00 pm Performance; 7:00-8:00 pm Rehearsal
Who: Jazz Band & Wind Ensemble
Meeting Time: Students will stay after school
Pick-up Time: 8:00 p.m. in front of the Performing Arts Building (Please be prompt to pick up your student!!)
- Formal Uniform (Tuxedos, dresses)
- Please be sure to have appropriate shoes and socks on for this event!
- Those without ties & cummerbunds will be given a set prior to the performance on Tuesday. Additional Information:
Students will stay after school and report to the band room after group 3 buses are dismissed. Dinner will be provided. Dinner will be pizza and a drink. If this does not fit your dietary needs, please bring something that does. Due to the high volume of people that will be attending Choices Night, our performance is a closed event. There will just not be enough room for parents to come and view the performances.
Chaperones Needed: http://signup.com/go/iYrmwQ