Image Posted on
Congratulations to the Millennium Wind Ensemble for their Superior-rated performance on Thursday, May 8! The band received Superior ratings from each of the 3 adjudicators on their stage performance AND from the Sight Reading adjudicator! This performance was done as part of the Florida Bandmasters Association Music Performance Assessment (MPA) program that measures student performance against a set of performance standards. We are so proud of all the students involved in this performance!
Additionally, the success of this performance was significant in how the students responded to a series of events that could have caused students with less “grit” to fold under the pressure (*cough* sight reading *cough, cough*). This experience was a prime example of why we practice each and every day to the best of our ability, so that when adversity presents itself, a stumble here and there has far less impact! Hopefully, students can now apply the lessons learned from this experience to other facets of their lives! Great job, everyone!!!
The Millennium Beginning Band & Wind Ensembles will be presenting a Spring Performance tonight, April 8, at 7PM in Millennium Hall. The Beginning Band will feature four of its concert selections, while the Wind Ensemble will present their music that will be assessed on Thursday at the Florida Bandmasters Association Music Performance Assessment performance. Tickets will be available at the door!
Student info for the concert is as follows:
- 6:25PM: Report time in the band room
- 6:30PM: Roll Call
- Beginning Band- Band Room
- Wind Ensemble- Orchestra Room
- 6:50PM: Move into positions
- 7:00PM: Performance begins!!!
- Beginning Band- Band shirt, black long pants, black shoes, black socks
- Wind Ensemble- Formal uniforms (tuxedos, dresses)
The Wind Ensemble will be performing their MPA Performance on Thursday, April 10, 2014 at 7PM at University High School in Orange City, FL. This performance is akin to the “FCAT for band” in that the band’s performance is assessed by a panel of FBA-trained & approved adjudicators.
Some details of this event include:
- Students will be transported by bus to the event and will be fed prior to the trip.
- This is a required and extremely important performance. It is very difficult for a student to pass the band class without attending this performance. Conflicts should be brought to the attention of the director as soon as possible!
- We will need about 8 chaperones for this event (to ride the busses with the students).
- The performance is free and open to anyone that can attend!
More itinerary details will be published very soon!
…go home today and tomorrow (Thursday, March 27-28)!!!
They will be due on Thursday, April 3.
Below is the info regarding the performance that is included in the ticket order form:
Ticket Info: Tickets for the Spring Concert are available for a suggested donation of $3 per ticket. Money from tickets purchased will go into the general Scholarship Fund. Tickets will be distributed on a first come first serve basis. Please complete the form below and have your student return it by the deadline to secure your ticket.
Concert Week Itinerary:
- Beginning Band Rehearsal Monday, April 7, 4-6PM, Millennium Hall
- Beginning Band/Wind Ensemble Performance Tuesday, April 8, 7PM, Millennium Hall
- Student Report Time 6:25PM, Band Room
- Attire Beginning Band Band Shirt, black pants, black shoes, black socks
- Wind Ensemble Formal uniforms (tuxes, dresses, no sneakers)
The Beginning Band and Wind Ensemble will perform a Spring Concert on Tuesday, April 8 at 7PM in Millennium Hall.
Ticket order information will be sent out this week!!! Be sure to come out and hear the results of these students’ work!