Welcome, again, to the 2017-2018 school year! As this school year gets under way, activities for the Millennium Bands are ramping up, as well!
To get the kids ready for the performing season, we will be holding our uniform fittings on Tuesday, Aug. 15 from 6:30PM-9PM. For this event, we will need a number of parents assisting our students with getting properly fitted. Please see the info below and sign-up if you are able to assist with this activity! Thank you in advance for your help!
Click the button below to sign up for a time slot!
What: Choices Night is an opportunity for 5th grade students and their parents to learn about what Millennium Middle School has to offer.
Where: Millennium Hall at Millennium Middle School
When: Tuesday, November 1, 2016
- 6:10-7:00 pm Performance; 7:00-8:00 pm Rehearsal
Who: Jazz Band & Wind Ensemble
Meeting Time: Students will stay after school
Pick-up Time: 8:00 p.m. in front of the Performing Arts Building (Please be prompt to pick up your student!!)
- Formal Uniform (Tuxedos, dresses)
- Please be sure to have appropriate shoes and socks on for this event!
- Those without ties & cummerbunds will be given a set prior to the performance on Tuesday. Additional Information:
Students will stay after school and report to the band room after group 3 buses are dismissed. Dinner will be provided. Dinner will be pizza and a drink. If this does not fit your dietary needs, please bring something that does. Due to the high volume of people that will be attending Choices Night, our performance is a closed event. There will just not be enough room for parents to come and view the performances.
Chaperones Needed: http://signup.com/go/iYrmwQ
We are in need of parent help this Wednesday, September 28 during the school day to assist with student uniform fittings. This is in preparation for our Fall Performance on Friday, October 7! Click below to help with this event!
Sign up for Uniform Fittings ( http://signup.com/go/1SChRF ) on @SignUpdotcom today!
The Spring Fundraiser is under way!!! The sale of brochure products kicked off on Friday, February 13 and runs through Friday, February 27.
This fundraiser is to continue to support our students by repairing instruments, purchasing music, providing extra instructors, and the paying of fees associated with FBA events.
The sale features:
- Best of the Best: Chocolate and nut products, all priced @ $7.50
- Flavored popcorn, all priced @ $10.50
- Themed tumblers, all priced @ $16.50 (UF, FSU, UCF, etc.)
- (brochures list each of the above at $6, $10, and $16, but $.50 must be added for sales tax)
The prize program is as follows:
- The first 52 students to turn in their sales packet on Tuesday, February 24, that have sold 5 items will receive a candy bar, some of which contain prize coupons or cash!
- Students will receive one spin of the prize wheel for every 10 items sold! These prizes include stuffed animals, candy, cash, and electronics!
There will be a Band Booster General Meeting tonight, Monday, September 8, at 6:30PM in the Band Room. This meeting is for parents interested in volunteering to help organize and facilitate band events for this coming year! We hope to see you there!
The Millennium Band kicked off its fall fundraising efforts on Tuesday, August 26, 2014! This sale of cookie dough, cheesecake, and other confections will be used by students to reach their $100 “Fair Share” fundraising targets. The details of the sale are listed below. Now, get out there and sell, sell, sell!
- Dates of the sale: August 26- September 9
- Make checks payable to the Millennium Band Boosters
- For every 8 items sold = 1 prize (chubby penguin with a hidden prize coupon)
- Student Fair Share accounts get attributed 40% of money collected.
- Money & completed paperwork is due by Tuesday, September 9
- Items will arrive about one month after orders are submitted.
Some things to remember when filling out the order form & envelope:
- Write clearly and completely
- Include phone numbers in case issues with the order arise
- Include the student’s class period where it says grade
- Double check item & money totals
- Use a black or blue ball-point pen to fill out these forms
- Enter item codes carefully
For those unable to make the meeting on Tuesday night, the presentation’s slides are presented below. They are minus the scintillating commentary by the Performing Arts teachers, but it is the next best thing that we can provide. If you have any questions, contact Mr. Langston!