This Friday, students from the Millennium Wind Ensemble and Symphonic Band will be performing as part of the Middle School Night performance at Seminole HS. This performance is done at the invitation of the Seminole HS band and allows our students a taste of what it is like to participate in band in high school. This is one of the most popular events of the year, and students are really getting pumped up for this performance! Please see the info below regarding this performance (which is a duplicate of the handout that was sent home last week!).
Also, please consider joining us a chaperone, as we need one parent chaperone for every ten students participating. You can sign up to be a chaperone (you must be a registered DIVIDEND) for this event here: http://vols.pt/os66DA
4:00PM Meet in band room
4:15 Roll Call
5:00 Walk to Seminole HS
5:15 Rehearse w/ Seminole
6:30 Move into stands
8:00-8:15 HALFTIME PERFORMANCE!!!
9:30-45 End of Game; return to band room
10:00PM Student pick-up @ Millennium MS
- Students must wear their band uniform to school OR change into their band uniform during their P.E. or dance class. (There will be no time after school or during band class to change into your uniform.)
- The band uniform consists of: Band shirt, black long pants, black socks, black shoes
- We will be using the same band shirt as last year. If you need one, let Mr. Langston know. The other items must be provided by the student.
- Students will walk as a group from Millennium to Seminole HS before and after the game. Students must be picked up from the car ramp @ Millennium MS. (Students will leave their book bags in the Millennium band room.)
- Students will be provided dinner by the SHS band parents. Dinner consists of hot dog, chips, & a drink. A vegetarian option of a PBJ is available; let Mr. Langston know if you want this option. Students with other allergies or dietary needs may need to bring their own dinner.
- Students will be provided the opportunity to purchase a Chik-fil-a sandwich and a drink during the 3rd quarter break. This is the only reason that students might need spending money.
- While at the game, students must remain with the band AT ALL TIMES. They will not be permitted to sit in the stands with family members or friends.
- This activity is designed to allow students to experience one aspect of participating in a high school band program. They are expected to stay for the entire football game so that they experience the many activities within this type of performance.
- Students that have indicated that they need to leave after the halftime performance will be dismissed as soon as Mr. Langston can separate the Millennium students from the Seminole & Sanford students.
- If a student is being signed out after halftime, it is expected that they will be leaving the game. Students SHOULD NOT be signed out so that they may watch the remainder of the game from elsewhere in the stadium.
- Many of the times listed on the itinerary below are TENTATIVE. Due to the nature of a football game, I cannot guarantee the rehearsal, performance, and pick-up times to be exact. Times given are my best approximation for when these will occur.
- Please make sure that students are picked up in a timely manner. If any students have not been picked up by 11:00 PM, the Sanford Police Department will be called to take them home.
- Students must adhere to all Band Handbook, Millennium Middle School, and Seminole County Codes of Student Conduct. Misbehavior at this event may result in the appropriate consequences being issued. This may include detentions, parent conferences, referrals, and/or sanctions from band and other school events.
- Parents are encouraged to attend! There is an admission fee of $6 (???) to watch the game. Parent chaperones will not need to pay for admission.
- Parent Chaperones MUST be registered DIVIDENDS with SCPS. DIVIDEND registration can be done via the SCPS website, www.scps.k12.fl.us (click on DIVIDEND VOLUNTEER APPLICATION).