All-County Band Auditions are taking place on Thursday, Nov. 6, at Tuskawilla MS. Participating students received their audition times on Tuesday. Pertinent info regarding the auditions includes:
- Directions to Tuskawilla MS
- Students should arrive 20-30 minutes prior to their audition time.
- There is no official check in. Students should find their locations upon arriving.
- The cafeteria will be the warm-up area. Students will need to bring a music stand if they want to use one in the warm-up area (they will not be provided).
- Most auditions will take place in the 3-story classroom building. Percussion and low brass usually takes place in the band/chorus building (to the left upon entering the campus).
- Students should dress nicely! This is a live audition. Appearances affect how we feel about ourselves AND portray an image of professionalism to the judges. Put yourself in the best position to perform well!
- Auditions will take place in 2 rooms: a scale room and an etude & sight reading room. These rooms are typically right next to each other in the audition areas.
- Play a few notes in the room prior to your audition to become acclimated to how the room sounds and to generally get comfortable.
- Follow the directions of the judges carefully.
- Scales should be played as quickly as can be played CLEANLY!. Clean is better than sloppy!
- In sight reading, focus on getting rhythms right, rather than just notes! Also, do your best to keep a steady tempo!
- No matter how things turn out, just remember that you are doing the right thing to become a better musician!
Good luck, students!!! You make us proud!!!