Beginning students are currently testing the trombone, another member of the brass family.
We will need about 12 trombone players this year between the 2 Beginning Band classes.
In short, trombones:
- are medium in size, and have a long, skinny, light case
- require a moderate amount of maintenance (but is not expensive)
- can be rented from the school by students on free or reduced lunch
- are in demand, so scholarship money is readily available
- can play in concert bands, jazz bands, & orchestras
- have a moderate learning curve.
Visit this link on our website for more info about Instrument Selections.
Here are some video links that feature the trombone:
(worth the wait!)