Beginning students are currently testing the tuba, another member of the brass family.
We will need about 8 tuba players this year between the 2 Beginning Band classes.
In short, tubas:
- are large in size, and have a bulky case (sometimes with wheels for easier movement)
- are relatively easy & inexpensive to maintain, but very expensive to repair
- are always rented from the school
- can be rented by any student
- are not common, so scholarship money is readily available
- can play in concert bands & orchestras
- have a low to moderate learning curve.
- are played well by students of all shapes, sizes and genders!!!
- Tuba players receive a tuba that they will leave at home so all they have to transport is their mouthpiece!!!
Visit this link on our website for more info about Instrument Selections.
Here are some video links that feature the tuba:
(playing starts at about 2 minutes in)