Beginners recently began instrument testing on the euphonium, or baritone (used synonymously here, though they are slightly different.)
We will need about 6 baritone/euphonium players this year between the 2 Beginning Band classes.
In short, euphoniums:
- are relatively large in size
- are relatively easy & inexpensive to maintain
- are typically rented from the school
- can be rented by any student
- are not common, so scholarship money is readily available
- can play in concert bands & jazz bands
- have a gentle learning curve.
Visit this link on our website for more info about Instrument Selections.
Here are some video links that feature the euphonium: