This is a big week for members of Millennium Bands! See below for details!
- Islands of Adventure Field Trip forms & monies due – Wednesday, April 10, all interested band students
This is a hard deadline, as tickets will be ordered from Universal on Friday, April 12. Students not having their materials turned in cannot be included on the trip!
- Florida Bandmasters Association Music Performance Assessment, Thursday, April 11, 4:30PM, Lake Mary High School, WIND ENSEMBLE students
This is a required performance for members of the Wind Ensemble. It is very much like an FCAT for band in that we are rated by a panel of adjudicators. We will be assessed on our stage performance as well as our performance of two pieces we’ve never seen before, a process known as sight reading. Our itinerary for the day has changed slightly form the last publishing, so see below for changes!
- Students bring uniforms to school (we will change after lunch)
- 10:46AM Go to “A” Lunch
- 11:21AM Report to Band room
- 11:30-1PM Rehearse and change into Formal Uniforms
- 1:15PM Load busses; depart for Lake Mary HS
- 1:45PM Arrive at LMHS; Unload to the holding area
- 3:00PM Watch band(s) perform
- 3:30PM Set up instruments; Begin pre-warm-up
- 4:00PM Begin official warm-up time
- 4:30PM STAGE PERFORMANCE!!!
- 5:00PM Sight reading assessment!!!
- 5:30PM Put away instruments; Watch band(s); Wait for ratings (Parent pick-up if picking up at Lake Mary HS)
- 6:00PM Get on busses; return to MMS
- 6:30PM Arrive @ MMS; parent pick up