The Millennium MS Band is still raising money to cover its costs for the year. These costs include uniform shirts, new music, instrument repair, and guest teachers. To raise this money, band students will be participating in a Rock-a-thon. Students will be soliciting sponsors for donations to be applied towards their fundraising goals.
To participate, students must turn in the Permission Slip AND either 1) have their Fair Share & Instrument Rentals paid in full OR 2) raise and turn in a minimum of $10 towards their goals. Tee pertinent info on this event is listed below:
Event: Millennium MS Band Rock-a-thon
When: 9:00AM–5:00PM Saturday, March 2, 2013
Where: Millennium MS Cafeteria
Why: To raise money towards student Fair Share Donation and Instrument Rental costs (AND to have a fun social event!!!)
How: Fill out the following/attached paperwork and attend!!!
Materials: Required: a chair to sit in for an extended period of time
Optional: snacks, games, music, books, movies, macramé, anything to pass the time
Special note: A popular activity for this event is to bring a TVs, video game consoles, or a DVD/Video player from home. This is perfectly acceptable, provided the following:
- All equipment is somehow marked with the student’s name
- Students will need to bring extension cords and power strips, as there are a limited number of outlets in the cafeteria.
- Students may bring games that are rated up to T for Teen and movies up to a PG rating (students may only watch PG movies with the appropriate section of the permission slip signed, per Seminole County requirements).
Eligibility: Students must fulfill the following obligations:(Sorry, no friends or siblings that are not in band @ Millennium)
- Have all Fair Share & Instrument Rentals paid in full OR
- Bring a minimum of $10 to apply towards Fair Share or Instrument Rental
8:00AM cafeteria opens to allow students to bring stuff and set-up
9:00AM begin “Rock-a-thon” (The name comes from past fundraisers where people rocked in rocking chairs for a long period of time to raise money for an organization or cause. We will just sit in whatever chairs people bring!)
9AM-5PM Rock-a-thon!!! The following activities will be held during this time:
- Video game tournaments,Movie watching, Trivia Games, etc.
- Any other wacky activity we can think of!!!
Parents: We will need chaperones for this event. Parents typically do this event in shifts, so that no one has to stay for the whole event (unless, of course, you want to!).
THIS EVENT CANNOT TAKE PLACE WITHOUT PARENT CHAPERONES!!!