When: 9:00AM-5:00PM, Saturday, March 3, 2012
Where: Millennium MS Cafeteria
Why: To raise money towards student Fair Share Donation and Instrument Rental costs (AND to have a fun social event!!!)
How: Fill out the following/attached paperwork and attend!!!
Materials: Required: a chair to sit in for an extended period of time
Optional: snacks, games, music, books, movies, macramé, anything to pass the time
Special note: A popular activity for this event is to bring a TVs, video game consoles, or a DVD/Video player from home. This is perfectly acceptable, provided the following:
- All equipment is somehow marked with the student’s name
- Students will need to bring extension cords and power strips, as there are a limited number of outlets in the cafeteria.
- Students may bring games that are rated up to T for Teen and movies up to a PG rating (students may only watch PG movies with the appropriate section of the permission slip signed, per Seminole County requirements).
Eligibility: ALL MILLENNIUM BAND STUDENTS WHOSE:
1) accounts are paid in full OR
2) bring a minimum of $10 towards their Fair Share/Instrument Rental !!!
(Sorry, no friends or siblings that are not in band @ Millennium)
8:00AM cafeteria opens to allow students to bring stuff and set-up
9:00AM begin “Rock-a-thon” (The name comes from past fundraisers where people rocked in rocking chairs for a long period of time to raise money for an organization or cause. We will just sit in whatever chairs people bring!)
9AM-5PM Rock-a-thon!!! The following activities will be held during this time:
- Video game tournaments (Rock Band, Guitar Hero, etc.)
- Movie watching
- Trivia Games
- Langston FEAR FACTOR!!! (No animal guts will be served during this event, nor will anyone have to risk life or limb!)
- Any other wacky activity we can think of!!!
- No one will be allowed to sleep!!! If a student nods off, Mr. Langston will visit …with crash cymbals in hand!!!
Parents: We will need chaperones for this event. Parents typically do this event in shifts, so that no one has to stay for the whole event (unless, of course, you want to!).
THIS EVENT CANNOT TAKE PLACE WITHOUT PARENT CHAPERONES!!!
TO PARTICIPATE, STUDENTS MUST TURN IN THIS PERMISSION SLIP.
Students may use this sponsor sheet if they wish. Rock-a-thon Sponsor sheet 2012